Whether you call it a motorcycle, motorbike, or simply a bike, motorcycles are one of the most preferred vehicles of motorists who crave for the adrenaline rush of speed and danger. Unlike automobiles, information on motorcycles is limited especially on the different models and types that you might consider buying. However, if you review enough information and decide on what bike to purchase but do not have enough money, motorcycle loans are available from banks and the same companies that provide loans for car buyers. Once you have purchased your bike, you have different options on whether to use it for sports or for leisure rides.
There are different types of motorcycles that fall into three main categories:
* Standard bike – the best choice for beginners. If it’s your first time to buy a motorcycle, this is the most recommend because it is well powered, well balanced and light weight. It can be used along the city streets as well as the highway. Includes 600 to 700 cc engine and costs around $4,000 to $6,000.
* Touring bike – a street only bike and recommended for highway use and long trips. It includes a large front fairing and several storage compartments. However, this kind of motorcycle is reserved for experienced riders and not for beginners or city riders. Includes 1,000 cc to 1,500 cc and weighs 700 lbs to 1,000 lbs and costs around $10,000 to $20,000.
* Sports Bike – a street bike which is very popular among young riders. It has a multitude of body panels and is not very comfortable to use because you have to be seated to the rear of the bike and lean forward over the gas tank to reach the handlebars. However, this type of motorbike is built for performance which offers good acceleration, braking and turning. Not recommended for long trips and considered to be risky by insurance companies. Includes 600 cc to 1,200 cc and costs around $5,000 to $20,000.
* Motocross and Enduro Bikes – off-road only use which are very light and used for recreation trail riding and off-road competition. You can use this kind of bikes over obstacles and have knobby tires which are good for off-road traction. Includes 50 cc to 500 cc, weigh 150 lbs to 300 lbs and cost $1,300 to $6,000.
If you decide to use your motorcycle for sports, just make sure to purchase one that are suited for your chosen motorsport. Motor sport is defined as a collection of sports that include motorized vehicles which started as a demonstration event in the 1900 Olympics. There are two kinds of motor sports and these include:
* Motor racing – include motorcycle racing, truck racing, auto racing, air racing, motorboat racing, snowmobile racing and lawn mower racing.
* Non-racing motorsport – motorcycle trials, freestyle motocross, drifting and tractor pulling.
Whatever you decide, make sure to first learn how to safely operate and ride your motorcycle.
Zipcodez.com is a widely-used local business listings service and search engine. It features a complementary collection of useful topics and resources from “Arts & Entertainment” to “Wireless & Telecommunications.” If you are interested in the topic of “Motorcycles & Motor Sports,” you might also want to read “More Than a Ten Speed – Motorcycle Loans” available at [http://www.zipcodez.com/article/featured-articles.htm].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Ashley_Conner